When you apply for the grant, you must have completed the number of honors hours at UA Fayetteville required by your class year and program choice (see the Honors College website).
You must be an honors student in good standing, including the 3.50 cumulative GPA (3.330 minimum for architecture students after their 5th semester), at time of application, award notification, and departure.
Active engagement in honors courses, research and service opportunities will strengthen your application!
Student Application Deadlines
September 22, 2017, 4 p.m.
- For programs in January 2018 intersession and Spring 2018.
- Faculty must submit their recommendation forms by September 26.
- You will find out whether or not you got the grant by October 6.
October 1, November 1, and February 1, 4 p.m.
- For programs in May 2018 intersession, Summer 2018, August 2018 intersession, and Fall 2018.
- Faculty must submit their recommendation forms four days after the deadline (the 5th of that month).
- You will find out whether or not you got the grant within 4-6 weeks of the application deadline, so keep that in mind when choosing which grant deadline to meet.
When should you apply? As early as you can! As soon as you know which program you are wanting to do, apply by the next deadline if at all possible. While the application to apply for a particular program may not close until December or even later, funding is limited and chances of receiving a grant might decrease by the later application cycles. The pool of funds for February 2018 will primarily be targeted for Fall 2018 and Academic Year 2018-19 programs. Remember! If you want to do a January 2018 intersession or a Spring 2018 program you must apply by September 22.
- Each program will be assessed a flat dollar award amount that on average across programs will cover 30-45% of eligible program costs. If awarded, you will receive an email with your exact award amount.
- Eligible program costs include: tuition, fees, room and board, required books, airfare, program excursions, program fee, and visa.
Requirements for Recipients
To maintain your Honors College funding, you must be an active member in good standing with the Honors College at the time of departure.
Good standing includes:
- Required minimum 3.50 GPA (3.33 for architecture students after their 5th semester)
- No academic integrity violations or violations of the Code of students in the past year.
- Completion of required honors coursework if a freshman or transfer student.
During or after your study abroad program, you will submit documentation of your Study Abroad Grant for each funded term. This could be a blog post and photos, photo journal, or video that conforms to the formats and submission directions provided by the Honors College.
Honors College Study Abroad Grant