The Walton Executive MBA is offering a limited number of scholarships in the amount of $1,500 to offset the cost of the Global Immersion trip to China or India.
For those beginning the program in Fall 2018: scholarships will be awarded in 2019 and funding will be distributed in the Summer semester of 2020.
For students beginning the program in Fall 2019: scholarships will be awarded in 2019 and funding will be distributed in the Summer semester of 2021.
The Global Immersion Scholarship is a need-based scholarship.
To be eligible for the scholarship:
- Students must be enrolled in the Walton Executive MBA program and turn in an application by March 31st.
- Students must be in good academic standing in the Walton Executive MBA program, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.85
- Students must travel to an approved country as part of the Global Business course and Global Immersion international trip
- Students must be enrolled in Walton Executive MBA courses for two consecutive semesters prior to the Global Immersion international trip
- Priority will be given to students who demonstrate strong financial need, based on the application essay
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, students who plan to begin the program in Fall 2019 must begin their admission application by December 15 and submit their full application packet by January 15.
Scholarship Application, Evaluation, and Award Process
- Scholarship applications will be distributed to eligible students via email beginning in February. Students will have one month to return completed applications to the MBA office.
- A scholarship committee of three people (one staff member, two faculty members) will consider and evaluate each scholarship based on the demonstrated financial need in the application essay. Evaluations of each application will be documented.
- Award decisions will be communicated to students via email no later than June 1.
If a student is awarded a scholarship and does not participate in the Global Immersion international trip, the scholarship will be rescinded.
Student information and award amounts will be submitted to the Global Engagement Office (GEO) in the Spring semester prior to the Global Immersion trip. GEO will ensure that the award amounts are appropriately applied to each student’s account for the correct Summer term.